What makes a feminist?

What makes a feminist?

Monday, May 13, 2013

Vengence is mine?

I know I wasn't the only one watching the Gosnell trial fairly closely.  I wanted as much as anyone to see this butcher found guilty.

Today, he was.

A great relief washed over me.  Not that I truly expected he would be found not guilty--the evidence against him was just too much.  And then I read further...Gosnell could face the death penalty for what he did.

I'm torn.

I want him to pay for what he did.  For all those butchered infants, for all the women he hurt through his neglect...justice must be served.  I just don't know if justice is truly served by taking yet another life. 

I keep trying to justify it in my head.  Oh, he's old.  He'll never survive all the appeals.  It's a controversial topic and no one wants to make a martyr for the cause.  All sorts of reasons come up that make me feel less troubled about what an actual death sentence could mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment